How It Works
Reservations: For your convenience, we are set up for online reservations right from this website. You can click here to go straight to the Booking page, check out the wineries on each Line and reserve seats on the Line of your choice.
After you reserve your seats, plan to meet us at the Elkin Vine Line Station located at:
257 Standard Street, Elkin, NC 28621
Arrival: Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time to allow for check-in and boarding. You will be briefed on Line specifics for that day and get a color-coded wristband that matches the Line you’ve purchased. Please don’t be late since the Winery Hopper will be leaving at its scheduled departure time.
Boarding: Hop onboard one of our ten passenger vans with other riders who also made reservations on that Line. Your Winery Hopper will leave at a time designed to synch up with the winery hours and deconflict with other groups already on the Line.
Departures: Each Line has a specific departure time and runs on a schedule throughout the day. If the Line is already full and you have a group of 4 or more, please contact us and we may be able to add another departure and open more seats.
On the Line: Your Winery Hopper will take you to four different wineries and a food stop throughout the day. At each stop, the Hopper will leave to move another group and return to pick you up after about an hour. With all stops and transit times combined, you can expect to spend five to six hours exploring wine country.
Hours: The Elkin Vine Line normally operates Friday through Sunday with hours that align with the local wineries. Operating hours are normally 10:30am to 5:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Sundays.
Group Size: Our trolley/train type business model, using several vehicles departing at scheduled times from a central location, was designed to efficiently move multiple small groups around to the local wineries. As such, it is best suited for groups of 2 to 8 that do not normally require prearranged reservations or prior notice to the wineries. If you have a group larger than that, please give us a call at (336) 468-7812 so we can plan accordingly.
For those who would like to choose their own route, wineries and timing, we also offer the "EVL Tour" .This will be a private tour and you will have your own Winery Hopper and driver for the day. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays preferred. If you'd like to schedule an EVL Tour, please call or text us at (336) 468-7812 or email us at email@example.com to coordinate.
If we do not meet your needs, there are several excellent local winery tour companies to choose from. Yadkin Wine Shuttle, Frog Holler Winery Tours, The Chicas, Yadkin Valley Wine Tours, NC Wine Gals, Grape Escape, and Van in Black all operate in this area. They all deliver a personalized wine country experience and cater to large unified groups. If you are planning a special event and our EVL Tours are not a good fit, we hope you check them out.
Rules & Guidelines
The Elkin Vine Line is set up to provide an excellent, affordable, and convenient shuttle service to our local wineries. Our goal is for everyone who rides with us to have an enjoyable experience while exploring wine country. We are not a “party bus” or a personal designated driver. Please help contribute to everyone’s enjoyment and safety by being respectful of fellow passengers, our rules, and the wineries that you visit.
1. We provide transportation only. Wine or tastings not included in the seat reservations.
2. You must be 21 to ride in accordance with North Carolina’s legal drinking age.
3. We are not a "Party Bus". No open containers or drinking of alcoholic beverages are permitted on our Winery Hoppers. Please make sure all open bottles are corked, bagged and stowed in the back of the van.
4. No outside alcohol permitted on the vans or at the wineries.
5. We operate on a schedule. Please be ready when the Winery Hopper returns to pick you up.
6. Please take your personal items (purses, wallets, phones) with you at each stop. Other riders may be using the van in your absence.
7. Our drivers will stow all your purchases - alcohol and otherwise, and any other large items that you don't wish to carry - in the back.
8. Your photo may be taken and used for promotional purposes while riding the Elkin Vine Line.
9. Our Winery Hoppers are not equipped for handicapped transport, service animals or pets.
10. The Elkin Vine Line reserves the right to refuse service to any guest.
11. Intoxicated and disruptive passengers or those not respectful of the rules or our other customers will not be allowed to reboard the Winery Hopper.
Cancellation Policy: Reservations may be canceled, and a full refund issued up to 3 days prior to the event. Cancellations within those 3 days but still 24 hours prior will receive a 50% refund. Late cancellations of less than 24 hours prior will not receive a refund.