How It Works
Reservations: For your convenience, our reservation system is set up for online purchases right from this website. You can click here to go straight to the “Our Lines" page, check out the wineries on each Line and make your reservations.
Once you’ve made your selection and purchased your pass for the day, plan to meet us at the Elkin Vine Line station located at:
257 Standard Street, Elkin, NC 28621
Arrival: Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time to allow for check-in and boarding. You will get a color-coded wristband that matches the Line you’ve purchased.
Boarding: Hop onboard one of our twelve passenger “Winery Hoppers” with other riders who also made reservations on that Line. Your Hopper will depart at a specific time to synch up with the winery hours and stay deconflicted with other groups already on the Line.
On the Line: Your Winery Hopper will take you to four different wineries and a food stop throughout the day. At each stop, the Hopper will leave to move another group and return to pick you up after about an hour. With all stops and transit times combined, you can expect to spend five to six hours exploring wine country depending on the Line.
Hours: The Elkin Vine Line operates Friday through Sunday with hours that align with the local wineries. Operating hours are normally 10:30am to 5:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Sundays.
Departures: There are two scheduled departures for each of our five Lines. See the “Our Lines” page to select the Line and departure time that works best for you. Please arrive 20 minutes before your departure time to allow for check in and boarding.
Group Size: Our trolley/train type business model, using several vehicles departing at scheduled times from a central location, was designed to efficiently move multiple small groups around to the local wineries. As such, it is best suited for groups of two, four or six that do not normally require prearranged reservations or prior notice to the wineries. If you have a group larger than that, please give us a call at (336) 468-7812 so we can plan accordingly.
For groups of six or more who wish to stay together or those wanting a more customized group experience we offer "EVL Tours". These are set up to allow flexibility in choosing routes and wineries and you'll have your own Winery Hopper and driver for the day. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays preferred. If you'd like to schedule an EVL Tour, please call or text us at (336) 468-7812 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
In addition to our EVL Tours, there are several excellent local winery tour companies such as Frog Holler Winery Tours, Yadkin Valley Wine Tours, Grape Escape or Van in Black They all deliver a personalized wine country experience and cater to large unified groups. If you are planning a special event and our EVL Tours are not a good fit, we hope you check them out.
Rules & Guidelines
The Elkin Vine Line is set up to provide an excellent, affordable, and convenient shuttle service to our local wineries. Our goal is for everyone who rides with us to have an enjoyable experience while exploring wine country. We are not a “party bus” or a personal designated driver. Please help contribute to everyone’s enjoyment and safety by being respectful of fellow passengers, our rules, and the wineries that you visit.
1. Daily passes are for transportation only. Wine or tastings not included.
2. You must be 21 to ride in accordance with North Carolina’s legal drinking age.
3. We are not a "Party Bus". No open containers or drinking of alcoholic beverages are permitted on our Winery Hoppers. Please make sure all open bottles are corked, bagged and stowed in the back of the van.
4. Please take your personal items (purses, wallets, phones) with you at each stop. Other riders may be using the van in your absence.
5. Our drivers will stow all your purchases - alcohol and otherwise, and any other large items that you don't wish to carry - in the back.
6. Your photo may be taken and used for promotional purposes while riding the Elkin Vine Line.
7. Our Winery Hoppers are not equipped for handicapped transport or service animals.
8. The Elkin Vine Line reserves the right to refuse service to any guest.
9. Intoxicated and disruptive passengers or those not respectful of the rules or our other customers will not be allowed to reboard the Winery Hopper.
Cancellation Policy: Reservations may be canceled and a full refund issued up to 3 days prior to the event. Cancellations within those 3 days but still 24 hours prior will receive a 50% refund. Late cancellations of less than 24 hours prior will not receive a refund.