How It Works
1. Purchase your pass for the day on the “Our Lines” page or here.
2. Meet us at the Vine Line’s Depot located at the:
Heritage and Trails Center, 257 Standard Street, Elkin, NC 28621
Note: Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time so we can get you processed and boarded before departure.
3. Pick up your color-coded wristband that matches the Line you’ve purchased.
4. Board your Winery Hopper and start exploring with us. You can hop off and hop on throughout the day until you’ve visited all the wineries you’d like!
5. Download our Line Tracker app here. This will show your progress throughout the day and you’ll be able to track your next Hopper’s arrival when you’re at the wineries.
In the last half of the wine-tasting day, our Winery Hoppers will begin returning to Elkin with anyone who is finished. All returning Hoppers take you back to the Heritage and Trails Center.
In the final hour of running the Line, there will be a "last call" Hopper that gathers everyone remaining. Please do not miss this last ride to Elkin! There is no Uber or Lyft service available in this area to pick you up.
For groups of five or more who wish to stay together or if you would prefer a more customized group experience that allows you to choose your own routing and wineries to visit, we suggest you check out our local winery tour companies such as Frog Holler Winery Tours, Yadkin Valley Wine Tours, Grape Escape or Van in Black.
Hours of Operation
The Elkin Vine Line operates on the weekends with hours that align with most of the local wineries. Generally speaking the Vine Line will operate from 10:30am to 5:30pm on Saturdays and 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Sundays.
The Lines are set up to allow you about an hour at each winery. You may choose to spend more time wherever you desire along the route.
The Vine Line begins running in the morning on Saturdays and around noon on Sundays. There are two scheduled departures for each Line. See the Passes page to select the Line and departure time that works best for you.
Please arrive 20 minutes before your departure time to allow for processing and boarding.
The Hotel Hopper
Staying at one of our local hotels or RV parks? Our Hotel Hopper will pick you up and bring you to our Depot where you can hop on the Vine Line. Check the Passes page for the Hotel Hopper’s schedule. This service is free for Elkin Vine Line customers.
Terms & Conditions
1. Daily Line passes are for transportation only and do not include tastings or wine.
2. You must be 21 to ride in accordance with North Carolina’s legal drinking age.
3. Open containers and/or drinking of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on the Winery Hoppers. Please make sure all open bottles are corked and bagged.
4. Ensure all alcohol purchases are properly stowed for travel. Our drivers will help you with this.
5. Your photo may be taken and used for promotional purposes while riding the Elkin Vine Line.
6. The Winery Hoppers are not equipped for handicap transport or service animals.
7. The Elkin Vine Line reserves the right to refuse service to any guest.
8. Intoxicated customers will not be allowed to board any of the Winery Hopper vehicles.*
*Please understand that we are not a party bus or your personal “designated driver”. For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, obviously intoxicated or drunk and disorderly passengers will not be allowed to board the Winery Hopper. Our aim is to provide an excellent and affordable shuttle service to our local wineries and our goal is for everyone to have a wonderful experience. Please help us by being respectful of your fellow passengers and the wineries that we partner with.
Cancellation Policy: Reservations may be cancelled and a full refund issued up to 7 days prior to the event. Cancellations within a week but still 48 hours prior will receive a 50% refund. Late cancellations of less than 48 hours prior will receive no refund.